Friday, June 03, 2005

Confession 112

The lady who administered my driving test actually screamed during the test. I guess I took a left turn too quickly. I screamed, too, actually. She set down the clipboard until the car was stopped, and then said "Okay, I'm gonna pass you, but you really need to be careful about turning." She had been talking me through the whole process. "Okay, now up ahead is a stop sign. What do you do when you come to a stop sign?" or, "Let's go ahead and turn on the left blinker right about now." After the test, she went inside and told my mother, "Okay, I've passed him, but he still shouldn't be driving on his own for a while until he learns how to turn and brake better." Mom just nodded. See, I had kinda led the lady to believe that I was mentally handicapped. My California i.d. (see confession 113) and the fact that I was 23 and drove like a retard definitely helped. Thank goodness, too, or I never would have passed.

No comments: