Sunday, March 20, 2005

Confession 62

Tonight my secretary cooked dinner for me and some friends from work and back home. As the meal was winding down, I asked if I could light some candles in the kitchen. They said sure. So the candles I lit were shaped like eggs and were sitting in this little basket with easter grass. The basket came from BYU floral or whatever. So I lit all the little eggs in the basket on the table. Soon the eggs were burned down and the paper grass, then the ribbon, and then the entire basket caught fire. At this point a deluge of molten wax spewed from the bottom of the basket and started hardening on the table. The whole basket was in flames, and there I was like Mr. Bean, frantically but silently running around the kitchen trying to find a way to put it out before the hosts looked up from entertaining the other guests in the living room. Eventually, I just ran through the living room, opened the window, ran back, stuck the flaming basket with a fork, and hucked it through the open window. Everyone just stared at me awkwardly.

3 comments:

Braden said...

HAHAHA. That's classic. Did it land on anything flammable outside?

Robert Anthony Pierce said...

Yep. It landed in a bush. People made a bunch of burning bush jokes. We put it out with the guests' water cups.

Jenny said...

I totally forgot about this!