Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Confession 63

Per Toasteroven's request:

So the girl with the aneurism. I was at her house one time and started to feel a bit hypogycemic. Her sister said, "Here, have some of Maren's cookies." She handed me a bag of pink-n-whites (Mother's circus animal cookies). I started eating them, and before I knew it, the bag was empty. I set it down on the counter without saying anything. A moment later, /maren came buzzing in on her electric wheelchair. "Emily, I need my cookies, Emily."

Emily told me to hand her her cookies. I silently passed her the empty bag. She held it up to the light and looked inside. The last remaining sprinkles dropped out onto her flesh-colored eyepatch.

"You ate ALL of her cookies?"

What would you say in that situation?

1 comment:

Mustard said...

"May I make a few phone calls?"